We take care
Since the Prada Pitbull Program was created in the fall of 2012, more than 300 pitbulls have been altered due to the generosity of Candra and Leigh Davis, The Ben Wylie Family and Keely’s fund.
Cost is $10 if the dog is less than 50 lbs and $20 if the dog is more than 50 pounds.
Microchips are highly recommended for these animals and are available at just $10 when inserted on the same day as surgery.
Clients will pay for rabies and other vaccines $8 for the rabies and $10 for the Distemper Parvo.
Visit us now
Good to know
• Unless special arrangements have been made in advance, all animals must be dropped off during intake hours (7 AM to 7:30 AM) on the day of the surgery, and picked up later the same day before we close (between 1:00-4:00 PM).
• Please leave your pet in the car when you arrive and come in and fill out the paperwork.
• Cats must be in secure carriers labeled with your name and cat’s name on it.
• Dogs must be on leashes even if being held in your arms.
• All animals scheduled for surgery must be in good health. Please discuss any health concerns with us when scheduling your pet’s appointment. We do not provide surgical services for pets over 7 years of age.
• CASH is the only form of payment. We do not accept debit/credit cards or checks.
• Puppies and kittens can impregnate and become pregnant as early as 5 months of age, so do not delay in making an appointment!
• Dogs and cats are at higher risk of infection if spayed while lactating. They may require post-op antibiotics for an additional fee. If possible, it is best to keep puppies or kittens off the mother for 2 weeks before her spay surgery to avoid this risk.
• We can sometimes spay females as young as 2 pounds (about 2 months old) but this is often only done when the animal is going into rescue or is being transported to another owner. Ideally you should wait until 4 months of age. The veterinarian will determine if the animal is large enough for the spay incision to be made. All decisions regarding the size and health of the animal are made by the veterinarian.