Spaying is the sterilization surgery for female pets.
Neutering is the sterilization surgery for male pets.
Top Reasons to Spay/Neuter:
- Stops unwanted litters of kittens and puppies. Spaying and neutering helps reduce companion animal overpopulation; therefore, the number of dogs and cats surrendered to shelters or intentionally abandoned is dramatically reduced.
- Spay/neuter reduces the pet’s urge to roam. Surveys indicate that as many as 85% of dogs hit by cars are unaltered. Altered animals are not battling for mates, therefore they are less likely to be injured in fights.
- Reduces annoying spraying/marking and eliminates heat cycles.
- Altered animals have a decreased risk/no risk of mammary gland tumors/cancer, prostate cancer, perianal tumors, pyometra, and uterine, ovarian and testicular cancers.
- Spay/Neuter increases your pet’s chance of a longer and healthier life! Altering your canine friend will increase his life an average of 1-to-3 years, felines, 3-to-5 years.